Wednesday, October 19, 2011

New friends..

By the second half of my first week in Roma I had made a couple friends:" The German girls" as we like to call them. The German girls were also couchsurfing with my host for part of the time I spent there. After their arrival to my Roman host's house I ended up giving them tips on the neighborhood, internet, cafe's, the no- hot water situation, and non-running toilets etc.! We all had a laugh about our "camping environment, and made the best time there regardless.
The Germans invited me to sightsee along with them around Roma, and after spending many days already walking the streets alone I jumped at the chance for some travel companions.
The three of us girls were completely unseperable from that moment on during our time in Roma. I will never forget them, and I am simply ecstatic they have invited Daniel and I to stay with them when we make it to Germany in November.
It was easy to leave them knowing I would see them again in another month or so but now
I can only await our reunion with a mix of emotions. Ecstatic to spend time together again, and saddedned by the thought of saying a "real goodbye" and never knowing if we will see each other again.
Oh mama mia!.....The joys and sadness of friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment