Monday, October 3, 2011

Made it to Italy!

I flew into Rome yesterday afternoon with a new friend from U.S. who currently lives in Rome and happened to also be in Paris while I was there. When we got out of the airport we stopped for some real Italian Pizza at a Pizza Rustica (A cheap pizza shop that sells pizza by the weight\or slice) .....Una vera bontà!
As soon as we parted I headed for my Couch surfing hosts house via way of trolley car. My host welcomed me into his home and we chatted away about marketing, business, and traveling until his friends came and drove us out of the city to a huge festival. It was similar to Mardi Gras(drunks everywhere) in the US but everything was very cheap. We had the most delicious pasta for dinner I have ever eaten. The wine at this particualr festival was cheap and not good at all. My new Italian friends all agreed that I must try real Italian wine while I am here.
At this moment I am sitting in an internet spot using their computers and Im about to start my day exploring Rome by myself until I meet in the evening with my couch surfing host.

My host promised to help me get my phone set up this evening, and to show me Rome by night!
Ciao!!

I have lots of photos already but these computers will not accept the card..so stay tuned for those.

No comments:

Post a Comment