Friday, November 4, 2011

Discovering Cagliari

After our first week of work on the wwoof farm came to an end we decided to catch a ride about 60 km away into the city with our host Enrico for the weekend. We were itching to meet people and explore some of the night life after being so secluded. A couch surfing group leader had invited me online to attend the Octoberfestival put on by Germans who live in Sardinia every year. I said yes and before I knew it I had several people writing me and calling me to see if I needed a couch for the weekend! The cs leader had connected me in a matter of seconds to a very unique group of cs host Sardinians. Little did I know just how special this group of Italian's would soon become to me.
I had arranged for us to stay at Giovanni's house in the historic district of Cagliari in the city center. Giovanni's emails were very welcoming, and easy going so I jumped on board with the plan. Also I had received another call from a guy named Eugenio inviting us to join him at the Octoberfest which I also gladly accepted. Enrico dropped us off in the square near Giovanni's house and said he would pick us up on Monday.
Giovanni is a character in a world I will not forget. It was a kind of fairytale world for grown-ups that we had just entered into......

No comments:

Post a Comment